Take out your plot diagram to be checked.
- Write the rough draft of your horror story.
- Introduce the main character and setting, engaging your audience with actions and dialogue that sets up the conflict.
- Establish your point of view by introducing a narrator.
- Create the sequence of events, using transition words and phrases that clearly signal any shifts in setting.
- Use precise words and phrases and sensory language to create a vivid picture.
- Tell how the conflict is resolved. Clearly show how the character finally overcomes the challenge.
- Leave the audience with a theme on which to reflect.
If you are choosing to type your polished draft in class, you will need to bring a device for tomorrow’s lesson.