- Obtain a copy of The Giver and be ready to begin reading.
- This is a class set.
- You may NOT take the paperback home.
- Read chapters 22 and 23 of The Giver.
- Complete the following reading journal activities:
- Chapter 22 and Chapter 23 ( (on page 126 in your interactive notebook ): Based on your understanding of the text, is the ending of The Giver positive or negative? Also, explain what you believe happens to the main characters and the community. (Use the RACE strategy to format your response.)
- Go back and look at pages 116-126 and complete any partial or blank pages you have.
- Read next text in the novel. It’s by the same author.
- You will have tomorrow’s class time to review pages 116-126 in your notebook OR work on your memory book. Bring materials if needed.
- Required Summative/ Period 3 – Memory Book (due March 8th)
- If completed electronically, your project must be submitted via Office 365.
- If completed tangibly, your book must be bound (a staple stack of papers is not considered to be bound).
- Periods 1, 2, 4, 5, and 7 Required Summative book-of-memories-project-1 due March 8, 2017.
- Optional Summative – Breaking Barriers Essay Contest (due March 13th) – Please submit your essay through Scholastic’s website for the contest, as well as via Office 365 for credit in our class.