Questions about your project?
- Obtain a copy of The Giver and be ready to begin reading on page 139.
- This is a class set.
- You may NOT take the paperback home.
- Read chapters 20 and 21 of The Giver.
- Complete the following reading journal activities:
- Chapters 20 (124 in your interactive notebook) 2. Open your interactive notebook. Describe the original plan that the Giver and Jonas make and what they hope it will accomplish. Also, explain how the plan changes and why Jonas needs to make those changes. (Use the RACE strategy to format your response.) (Use the RACE strategy.)
- and 21
- Required Summative PERIOD 3 – Memory Book (due March 8th)
- If completed electronically, your project must be submitted via Office 365.
- If completed tangibly, your book must be bound (a staple stack of papers is not considered to be bound).
- Periods 1, 2, 4, 5, and 7 Required Summative book-of-memories-project-1 due March 8, 2017.
- Optional Summative – Breaking Barriers Essay Contest (due March 9th to me or March 13th for the actual contest) – Please submit your essay through Scholastic’s website for the contest, as well as via Office 365 for credit in our class.