- Review thetypes of context clues.
- Review chapters 1-15 of The Giver.
- Review page 100 in your notebook.
- Participate thePrecision of Language activity by completing the following:
- Read the provided excerpt from The Giver.
- Identify the context clues in the sentence and determine the type of context clues within the sentence.
- Using the clues in the sentence, predict what the word might mean.
- Compare your predicted definition with the actual definition of the word.
- Colorfully illustrate the scene being described in the provided excerpt.
- Answer the following questions using the RACE strategy:
- How does the author’s use of the identified word affect your understanding of the novel?
- How is the author’s use of the identified word within the excerpt consistent with the defining characteristics of a dystopian novel?
- Optional Summative –Random Acts of Kindness project (due March 3rd)
- 3rd period ONLY!!!! Required Summative –Memory Book (due March 8th)
- If completed electronically, your project must be submitted via Office 365.
- If completed tangibly, your book must be bound (a staple stack of papers is not considered to be bound).
- 1, 2, 4, 5, and 7Discuss culminating book-of-memories-project-1 due March 8, 2017.
- Optional Summative –Breaking Barriers Essay Contest (due March 13th) – Please submit your essay through Scholastic’s website for the contest, as well as via Office 365 for credit in our class.