Bell WorkGet your IA Notebook
Class Work– Periods 1, 2, 4, 5, and 7
Discuss culminating book-of-memories-project-1 due March 8, 2017.
In the book The Giver, the main character is exposed to many different memories. Your assignment is to write your own “Book of Memories.”
Your book must include ten (10) memories. Each memory must be at least 7- 8 sentences long and written in story form. You must include pictures or illustrations with the memories. Use complete sentences and proper writing conventions. You may use PowerPoint as well.
- Cover and neatly put together
- Introduction page: Include your birthday, family information and a brief paragraph/s about your life.
- Ten (10) memories
- Pictures or illustrations (clipart does not count)
- Grading Rubric Attached
- Winter day
- Summer day
- Memory involving the color red (remember the importance of this color to Jonas).
Additional Memories to be selected from (pick 4):
- Sporting event or other activity
- Fall memory
- School Event
- Sad or Upsetting event
- Happy or Rewarding Experience
Class Work- 3RD PERIOD ONLY!!!
- Discuss and assign the culminating activity for The Giver– a Memory Book (due March 8th).
- Table of Contents
- Dedication Page
- Chapter 1 – Simile Poem
- Chapter 2 – Poem and Family Tree
- Chapter 3 – Collage and Summary
- Chapter 4 – Anecdote and Name Poem
- Chapter 5 – Research
- Chapter 6 – Description and Map
- Chapter 7 – Interview
- Chapter 8 – Poem
- Chapter 9 – Personal Letter
- Chapter 10 – Poem
- Chapter 11 – Quick Write
- Chapter 12 – Poem
- Chapter 13 – Quick Write
- Chapter 14 – Poem
- Chapter 15 – Poem
- Chapter 16 – Analysis
- Chapter 17 – Poem
- Chapter 18 – Quick Write
- Epilogue – Reflection
- Be sure to pay attention to additional expectations such as illustrations and binding.
- Optional Summative –Random Acts of Kindnessproject (due March 3rd)
- Optional Summative –Breaking Barriers Essay Contest(due March 13th) – Please submit your essay through Scholastic’s website for the contest, as well as via Office 365 for credit in our class.