Obtain a copy of The Giver novel by Lois Lowry and your notebook.
This is a class set. You may NOT take it home.
- Open your interactive notebook to pages 101 and 102 and set up the following portions of your reading journal.
- Chapter 1: Choose a quote from chapter 1 that you think might be important later in the novel. Explain why you think it is significant. (Don’t forget to answer the question using the RACE strategy.)
- Chapter 2: Two double bubble maps comparing and contrasting
- the way our society and the way Jonas’s society creates families
- the way our society and the way Jonas’s society celebrates birthdays
- Read chapters 1 and 2 of The Giver. Audio is here.