- Turn in any books you have for the Book Swap.
- Participate in the Anticipation Guide activity by agreeing or disagreeing with each statement provided.
- Listen to the NPR article where Lois Lowry discusses her inspiration for the book, The Giver.
- “Some critics credit The Giver with kicking off the entire dystopian YA trend, but Lowry immediately dismisses the notion.”
- What characteristics would a novel need to have in order to be considered dystopian?
- If time permits, take notes on the characteristics of dystopian novels on page 86 in your interactive notebook.
- Plan to attend tonight’s Book Carnival.
- Optional Formative – Friendly Letter Project, Part 2 (Due February 17th)