Bell work: Get your Notebook!. Obtain a Class Superlatives ballot and complete. You will have two minutes.
- Watch the scene from the movie, Wall-e.
- Create a script capturing the interaction between Wall-e and Eve on page 97 in your interactive notebook.
- You should have at least 10 pieces of dialogue for each character.
- Watch the scene again to make sure the dialogue you wrote make sense with the characters’ actions.
- Switch scripts with a partner and watch the scene again. Does your partner’s script make sense?
- Look at the writing in your partner’s script. Did your partner…
- Provide your feedback to your partner.
- Obtain your script from your partner. Using your partner’s feedback, edit and revise your script.
- If time permits, take turns reading your dialogue aloud as the scene plays.
Homework- Valentine’s Day is tomorrow. You may bring in whatever but only if enough for everyone in our class. Finish scene from Wall-e if you need more time. Bring in books to exchange. Plan on attending the Book Carnival Wednesday night.
Optional Summative (extra credit) assignment: random-acts-of-kindness-essay