- Review the questions you wrote yesterday utilizing the Question Stems for Informational Texts handout (yellow).
- Open your notebook to the foldable you created and glued onto page 86.
- Using the information from the biographies you read yesterday, explain what your character’s life was like prior to the start of World War II.
- If you know how it ends, do not reveal the ending of the play.
- As your peers present, gather information for each character in your foldable on page 86 in your interactive notebook.
- Anne Frank
- Margot Frank
- Otto Frank
- Edith Frank
- Peter Van Daan
- Miep Gies
- Petronella Van Daan
- Hans Van Daan
- As a class, review the questions posed by your peers. Answer any of the questions which were not addressed in your peers’ presentation.
- What struggles do you think the characters will have to overcome when they go into hiding?
- How might this affect the plot of the play?
- Work on your optional formative assignment (due January 19th).
- Create a flyer or mini poster that can be displayed in the hallways to advertise our school’s activities for Celebrate Literacy Week.
- Your flyer or mini poster must include the dates, each day’s activity, and the theme.
- Your flyer or mini poster should be visually pleasing (lots of color and visuals) and can be hand-drawn or computer-generated.
- NO LATE FLYERS OR MINI POSTERS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
- Study the list for the school spelling bee.