- Obtain a textbook and read the background on Wislawa Szymborski on page 385.
- As you read the poem, analyze it by completing the TP-CASTT strategy (foldable) in your interactive notebook. Don’t forget to analyze the title prior to your first reading.
- Read “There But for the Grace,” starting on page 386 in your textbook.
- Analyze the poem using the TP-CASTT strategy on page 81 in your interactive notebook. Be sure to pay particular attention to the connotation portion of the strategy.
- Ideally you will want to specifically identify 1-3 examples of literary devices.
- Study for tomorrow’s Literary Terms quiz.
- Work on your optional summative assignment (due January 17th).
- NO LATE POSTERS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
- Study the list for the school spelling bee.
- Work on your optional formative assignment (due January 19th).
- Create a flyer or mini poster that can be displayed in the hallways to advertise our school’s activities for Celebrate Literacy Week.
- Your flyer or mini poster must include the dates, each day’s activity, and the theme.
- Your flyer or mini poster should be visually pleasing (lots of color and visuals) and can be hand-drawn or computer-generated.
- NO LATE FLYERS OR MINI POSTERS WILL BE ACCEPTED.