Bell Work: Obtain color pencils and have page 48 on your desk.
Classwork: Peer review (page 48) the other person’s paragraph by color marking it. Peer review their paragraph by underlining the . . . .
a. YELLOW – transition sentence
b. RED– Underline the counterclaim = topic sentence
c. GREEN– Evidence and warrants
e. BLACK- Elaboration
f. PURPLE -Concession(s)
g. ORANGE– Rebuttal
h. YELLOW BOXES!!!- Transitions
j. BROWN CIRCLES- Vocabulary
k. BLUE– Citations
2. Assign a score for each component of the FSA Argumentation Rubric.
3. Assign a score for each category of the FSA Argumentation Rubric.
4. Assign a total score for the other person’s essay (out of 10).
5. Return the paragraph to its owner.
6. Using the peer review document, answer the following questions about your “essay” paragraph.
a. What were your strengths in this paragraph? In which components did you do well?
b. What were your weaknesses in this paragraph ? On which components do you need to improve?
c. Using your reflections from the first two questions, rewrite your paragraph. This is the one Mrs. Schroyer will grade.
Homework: Unfinished classwork less than five days old.